- Data management, visualisation and analysis with ICONIK Informatics Hub
- Collaborations with high-performance diagnostic providers
- ICON’s dedicated Medical Device and Diagnostics Research group
- FIRECREST eConsent and FIRECREST Patient Portal for enhanced patient consent, recruitment and retention
- Direct EMR-based and real-time analytics for feasibility and protocol optimisation
- Including a partnership with IBM to develop IBM Watson Clinical Trial Matching™ for direct-from-EMR-feasibility and recruitment
The 100,000 Genomes Project
ICON is proud to have been selected by Genomics England as the Data Management Partner for the 100,000 Genomes Project, the largest coordinated genome study in human history. The project seeks to profile 100,000 genomes—50,000 for cancer and 50,000 for rare disease—from 70,000 patients, with medical histories that total millions of data points.
By using ICON’s expertise to manage these immense datasets, the 100,000 Genomes Project is able to ensure accuracy and high-throughput access for all researchers involved, while safeguarding the confidentiality of patient information. ICON’s involvement helps enable the understanding of genetics and the advancement of precision medicine.
ICON Genomics capabilities include:
- Sampling requirements
- Sample/econsent tracking and reconciliation
- Genomic Speciality Labs
- Genome Sequencing and Sample management.
- Data Management and genome Curation capabilities.
- Clinical Trials Management
- Database Development/ Database Mining
- Technology and Business Model Innovation
- Genomic Statistical Analysis
- Analysis and reporting of Genomic results and regulatory submissions and labelling
ICON can support clients with:
- Identification of novel drug targets
- Precision Medicine (see blog post)
- Validate drug targets – Indication relationships
- Assay Development and Validation
- Biomarker Development
- Identification of disease indications