ICON is an industry leader in strategic market access, with expertise in all major global markets, helping clients to define, capture and communicate the value of medical therapies for optimal commercial results and patient access. We combine strong local market expertise with a global perspective, giving clients an edge in supporting mission-critical pricing, market access and reimbursement needs.
300+scientific and clinical experts
8,000+access to payer and health decision-makers
Global pricing and market access solutions
ICON’s global pricing and market access project teams are structured to solve client challenges and drive greater patient access. Clients leverage our in-depth pricing and market access expertise with integrated, cross-functional health economics, value communications, patient-centred outcomes, real world evidence, regulatory and clinical teams to develop holistic and actionable strategies.
- Therapy positioning to evaluate competitive environment and validate optimal positioning with KOLs and payers
- Value, pricing, access to assess HTA potential and payer list price and access expectations, and define the price-access trade-off
- Contracting and net price to identify contracting opportunities and gauge payer interest in varied contracting approaches, and to determine payer net price expectations
- Prescriber and patient price sensitivity to assess how prescribing and utilization are impacted by physician price sensitivity and patient willingness to pay
- Revenue optimisation to develop models to measure the impact of payer, physician and patient price sensitivity on utilization and revenue
US market access and reimbursement
ICON's multidisciplinary in-house experts address the full product lifecycle, combining expert insight, creative concepts and compelling content to develop and convey your product’s value proposition to a range of US healthcare decision makers.
- Full-service qualitative and quantitative research to support message testing, pricing and contracting
- Comprehensive data analytics for account prioritization, segmentation, and targeting
- Strategy consulting, including value proposition, pricing and contracting, payer engagement, channel marketing, market preparation, and local market requirements
- Communication tools for key areas, including disease state, product value, reimbursement, above-brand, and pull-through
With ICON you have unique customer reach through our strong network of stakeholders to validate findings and develop additional insights, including:
- In-house pricing, market access and HTA content experts with advanced degrees, including PhDs, PharmDs, MDs, MBA, MPH, and MS
- ACCESS LINE™, our proprietary global advisory network of over 8,000 HTA, payer, population health and hospital decision makers in core mature and English-speaking secondary markets (US, EU5, Canada, Australia)
- Collaboration with trusted alliance partners to support research in non-English speaking markets, such as Japan and Taiwan, and emerging markets such as Brazil and China