SPECIAL NOTICE !!!
Due to an issue with our phone system, your caller ID may show numbers with a 215 area code and Pennsylvania. Please be aware that these calls are coming from the ICON Recruitment Department located in San Antonio, Texas. We apologize for any confusion this may cause. To call us back, please use our recruitment number 210-225-5437.
Here you will find a list of current and future studies at our San Antonio clinical research unit, as well as detailed information about each study’s requirements and what to expect if you are accepted onto a study.
|Gender||Ages||Primary Health Condition||Compensation||More Info|
|Male||22 - 55||Healthy Overweight or Obese Males NO 0009-0206 - Compensation in 2 payments. BMI 25.0 to 34.9. Excess weight must be due to fat tissue, not a high muscle mass. $50.00 Refer A Friend||up to $3,850||Click here|
|Male or Female||Referral Programs - Updated Feb 17, 2017||Click here|
|Male or Female||18 - 45||Healthy ST 3758-0002 - Please review dates carefully as they fall during Easter. Note: birth control requirements for females. Surgically sterile females must have documentation at screening or they will not be seen.||up to $3,000||Click here|
|Male or Female||18 - 55||Healthy AE 3080-0004 - SCREENING MAY BE DONE, PENDING LAB RESULTS. Please read criteria regarding injection site skin tone & condition. Dark brown or very dark brown skin tones will NOT qualify.||up to $1,500||Click here|
|Male or Female||18 - 45||Healthy NA 3426-0006 - Please note study dates and length. Compensation in 2 payments. Childbearing females - must be abstinent or use an IUD or NuvaRing.||up to $3,535||Click here|
|Female||40 - 65||Females With Hot Flashes Study 3651-0001 - Refer A Friend $250.||up to $4,760||Click here|
- Press "Click Here" on the study you are interested in for more information.
- Read the explanation, criteria and dates thoroughly.
- To make an appointment, you must click on the part that states: "CLICK HERE to Make An Appointment for (study name)" located toward the bottom of the page.
- This will take you to the online scheduling system.
- Click on the title of the study you were interested in and it will take you to the first appointments available for that study. Screening days will be highlighted with times located below. *If we are not currently screening for that study, it will state "No Appointments Available".
- Click on the time shown under the highlighted date. It will prompt you to enter your information if you are a new volunteer. ***If you have made an appointment before, use your username and password to enter your account and schedule your appointment.
- *If the time(s) is gray and will not let you click on it, that means all the appointments for that date and time are full. If someone cancels their appointment, the system will automatically re-open that time slot.
- Once you click the "Make Appointment" button, you will see a confirmantion page on your screen with the appointment infromation and with your username and password. If gives you the option to reset these.
- A conformation email and later a reminder email will be sent to you if you have entered your email address in your account.
- SCREENING APPOINTMENT INFORMATION -
You need to bring a valid, non-expired photo ID and your Social Security Card.
****Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete paperwork.****
Please note that if you are late for your appointment, you may not be seen and will have to reschedule if appointments are available.
Check your individual study's listing for the fasting time.
***NOTE: "Overnights" mean you admit and do not leave the unit until the discharge date. You do NOT check-in at night, leave during the day and then come back again at night. You are with us 24 hours a day until discharge.
The ICON clinic is a non-smoking facility. Our studies are for non-smokers only and participants must agree to abide by the rules of the clinic.
ALL PATIENTS PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06,
PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."
***Special Note to Diabetic Patients or Patients Diagnosed with a Medical Condition.
- Medical Records from your primary doctor will be required.
- Please bring your medical records to screening if at all possible.
We need your medical information including the following:
All medical records, including but not limited to: office notes, face sheets, history and physical, consultation notes, inpatient, outpatient and emergency room treatment, all clinical charts, reports, order sheets, progress notes, nurse's notes, social worker records, clinic records, treatment plans, admission records, discharge summaries, reports of consultations, documents, correspondence, test results, statements, questionnaires/histories, from both the above noted provider as well as those contained in the patient record received by other medical providers.
· All physical, occupational and rehab requests, consultations and progress notes.
· All laboratory, histology, cytology, pathology and radiology records, results and reports.
· All pharmacy/prescription records
You MUST provide this information BEFORE admit for the study and you cannot participate without it.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR SURGICALLY STERILE FEMALES
If you are surgically sterile, i.e. have had a hysterectomy, oopherectomy or tubal ligations, documentation of these procedures are required for most studies.
Many studies are now requiring that you bring this documentation to your SCREENING appointment.
If your records are not on file with us and you are interested in doing studies, please work on obtaining this information from your doctor so you will have it when you are interested in screening. Thank you!