. FEATURED STUDY
New study for TYPE 2 DIABETICS age 30 to 65!
See study BI002 below for more information!
Here you will find a list of current and future studies at our San Antonio unit, as well as detailed information about each study’s requirements and what to expect if you are accepted onto a study.
|Gender||Ages||Primary Health Condition||Compensation||More Info|
|Male or Female||18 - 55||Healthy GL003 - Not currently screening. May be done screening, pending lab results.||up to $5,000||Click here|
|Male or Female||21 and up||VI116 Device Study - Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetics With Or Without Renal Disease Or Adults with Renal Disease. FDA approved device. $300 Refer A Friend.||up to $2,500||Click here|
|Male or Female||Referral Programs - Updated Oct 06, 2015||Click here|
|Male or Female||18 - 60||HEALTHY GL004 - Females must be non-childbearing||up to $4,475||Click here|
|Male or Female||18 - 60||Healthy BI5001 - NOTE: African Americans will have a higher failure rates due to specific labs. Please consider this when scheduling an appointment.||up to $1,750||Click here|
|Female||21 - 45||Healthy AM2PK Females With Regular Cycles - Try to bring recent PAP records (full pathology report) to your appt. NOTE: A pelvic exam will still be done. If you are on your cycle, reschedule your appt.||up to $3,400||Click here|
|Male or Female||30 - 65||Type 2 Diabetics BI002 - Currently screening for Cohort 1 Stage 1. Refer A Friend = $250||up to $2,850||Click here|
|Male or Female||18 - 65||Healthy VTCG15 Clamp Study - Must have BMI between 18.5 - 23.0 for current group! Not Currently Screening||up to $1,000||Click here|
- Press "Click Here" on the study you are interested in.
- Read the explanation and criteria thoroughly.
- You must click on the part that states: "CLICK HERE to Make An Appointment for (study name)" located toward the bottom of the page.
- This will take you to the online scheduling system.
- Pick the study you were interested in and it will show what (if any) appointments are available.
- Click on the time shown under the highlighted date. It will prompt you to enter your information if you are a new volunteer. ***If you have made an appointment before, use your username and password to enter your account and schedule your appointment.
- You will get a conformation email, if you have entered your email address in your account.
- **** If the time is gray and will not let you click on it, that means all the appointments for that date and time are full.
- SCREENING APPOINTMENT INFORMATION -
You need to bring a valid, non-expired photo ID and your Social Security Card.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete paperwork.
Check your individual study's listing for the fasting time.
***NOTE: "Overnights" mean you admit and do not leave the unit until the discharge date. You do NOT check-in at night, leave during the day and then come back again at night. You are with us 24 hours a day until discharge.
***Special Note to Diabetic Patients or Patients Diagnosed with a Medical Condition.
- Medical Records from your primary doctor will be required.
- Please bring your medical records to screening if at all possible.
We need your medical information including the following:
All medical records, including but not limited to: office notes, face sheets, history and physical, consultation notes, inpatient, outpatient and emergency room treatment, all clinical charts, reports, order sheets, progress notes, nurse's notes, social worker records, clinic records, treatment plans, admission records, discharge summaries, reports of consultations, documents, correspondence, test results, statements, questionnaires/histories, from both the above noted provider as well as those contained in the patient record received by other medical providers.
· All physical, occupational and rehab requests, consultations and progress notes.
· All laboratory, histology, cytology, pathology and radiology records, results and reports.
· All pharmacy/prescription records
You MUST provide this information BEFORE admit for the study and you cannot participate without it.