Over 80 percent of the world’s population is affected by skin disorders in varying degrees of symptoms and severity.
Skin is the biggest and heaviest organ in the human body. Dermatology diseases affect patients at any age from newborns to elderly people, and can be temporary or permanent, painless or painful, situational or genetic.
The global dermatology market is expected to reach $34.5 billion by 2023, and international dermatology research is growing to meet the demand. ICON is well positioned to conduct dermatology trials of any size through demonstrated expertise in this field. We offer strategic direction and end-to-end services to support the development of products to treat dermatology diseases.
Our global dermatology team is comprised of over 400 experienced professionals including an expert team of more than 80 project managers. We also provide medical monitoring by board-certified physicians as well as data management and statistics support.
ICON offers strategic direction and end-to-end services to support the development of your product to treat dermatology diseases. We have been involved in various types of trials from small Phase I studies involving healthy volunteers to large, global, multicenter Phase III trials and Phase IV studies.
ICON Dermatology experience in the last ten years
Accellacare experience in dermatology clinical studies
381Dermatology studies conducted
Accellacare, ICON's dedicated global site network, has strong has strong atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, actinic keratosis, acne, and rosacea experience, and provides a range of services for both ICON and sponsor-direct studies:
Our integrated services include:
- Early Phase Research: Staff dedicated exclusively to conducting early phase research, from First-in-Human (FIH) through Proof of Concept (POC)
- Site Selection and Engagement: Close relationships with thousands of investigators and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Electronic Medical Records on 100 million patients, and technology solutions for training and engaging sites
- Adaptive Study Design: Adaptive trial designs through combining comprehensive tools with state-of-the-art methodology
- Expedited Study Start Up: Smart processes and specialized teams to support your race to market
- Patient Recruitment and Engagement: A focused approach that includes patient-centric services, site support services, and an online learning management system - FIRECREST
- An expert Clinical Outcomes Assessments group with experience in dermatology and rheumatology PRO and Clinical assessment instruments creation and validation
- Medical Imaging: Over 200 imaging specialists providing photo services, centralized assessment and adjudication of study endpoints
- Independent DMC Management and Endpoint Adjudication IDEA with experience in Inflammation and Autoimmunity endpoints
- Central Laboratory Services: A global network of wholly-owned laboratories that can receive samples within 48 hours
- Biostatistical Analysis: A dedicated team to help in developing your protocol and perform PK modeling calculations
- Commercialisation, Pricing and Market Access and Reimbursement: Professional services to establish and communicate your product’s unique clinical and economic value
- Data Analytics: ICONIK decision-support platform provides a single view of study data to manage data quality, support a risk-based approach via analysis and visualization of trends, ensure compliance with assessment schedules, assess site performance, analyse and manage quality of rating scales and scoring tools