The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Outcomes Based Contracting
Understanding the challenges for formulary decision makers and manufacturers
Trends in Outcomes-Based Contracting
How payers and manufacturers are looking to AI to predict patient outcomes.
In the United States outcomes-based contracting (OBC) has long been proposed as a measure to reward innovation, based on actual performance of treatments and interventions in patient populations. However, the perceived and actual challenges in implementation have prevented many innovative contracts from leaving the drafting table. Recently, the potential use of artificial intelligence (AI) to predict suitable outcomes for patients to mitigate potential challenges has been discussed.
Read our whitepaper for insights on:
- Types of OBC most frequently used, challenges and trends
- Key stakeholders’ definition of AI and perceptions of current and future utility
- Current use of AI in payer and manufacturer organisations
- Impact of AI on the use of OBC in the future, including:
- Willingness to engage in OBC
- Types of OBC models pursued
- Potential for success of different OBC models