Insights from experts on how to best navigate the complexity of NASH clinical trials.
The voice of NASH investigators
Global survey provides insights for trial operations
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a component of metabolic syndrome, is an area of very active clinical development. With no approved therapies to treat NASH, there are more than 130 Phase II or Phase III NASH trials underway or planned.
To help determine the impact of this competitive environment for available and qualified site resources, as well as eligible patients, ICON undertook a global survey of NASH clinical trial sites across 37 different countries.
Digital solutions to alleviate NASH clinical trial challenges
The performance of NASH clinical trials presents many challenges unique to the field. Watch the on-demand webinar to learn about:
- The ability for digital technologies MRI, MRE and whole slide imaging to address NASH clinical trial challenges
- The ability of MRI and MRE to provide timely, high quality non-invasive solutions to enrolment
- The ability of whole slide imaging to facilitate rapid complex workflows that assure consistent high quality assessments of primary efficacy endpoints by enabling expert histopathologists to interact remotely and in real time.
Helping NASH study sites to succeed
Get insights and feedback from our extensive NASH study experience, and the findings from ICON’s survey of more than 2,000 sites across 30 countries including:
- How to best support global NASH sites to succeed in a competitive environment
- Optimising the operational strength of study sites to collectively support the NASH pipeline
- How understanding global and regional nuances can enhance NASH site patient recruitment and operational strategy
Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) clinical trials
Join Andrew Roche, PhD, a senior member of ICON's NASH team, as he speaks about overcoming the challenges and considerations associated with NASH Clinical Trials and examination of potential strategies to address during trial design or study execution.
NASH blogs and media articles
Media article: Special report on liver disease: The phantom menace
ICON's Martin Benson provides expert commentary on liver disease and the challenges faced by clinical researchers.
Media article: NASH clinical trials – an outlook on challenges and advances
It’s also believed that a high proportion of NASH patients are undiagnosed because the disease is largely symptomless or causes non-specific symptoms until well advanced.
Blog: Challenges and advances in NASH clinical trials
Non-Alcoholic SteatoHepatitis (NASH) is the most severe form of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
Blog: NASH clearing clinical trial hurdles in race to $35 billion market
Discover more solutions and insights from our experts to address the growing unmet clinical need for NASH treatments.