The voice of NASH investigators
Global survey provides insights for trial operations
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a component of metabolic syndrome, is an area of very active clinical development. With no approved therapies to treat NASH, there are more than 130 Phase II or Phase III NASH trials underway or planned.
Considering the competition for available and qualified site resources, as well as eligible patients, this disease area is proving challenging for drug development companies. To help determine the impact of this competitive environment, ICON undertook a global survey of NASH clinical trial sites across 37 different countries.
Read the whitepaper to learn the NASH investigator perspective on:
- Patient recruitment and methods for patient retention
- Imaging capabilities from MRI-PDFF to MRE to Fibroscan and access to liver biopsies
- How sites manage workload from staff to referral networks
- Site success factors including monitoring considerations and funding needs
- Key takeaways for sponsors and how ICON is expanding the pool of qualified sites and improving patient recruitment.