We support you to navigate the path to developing approved treatments and vaccines
New and re-emerging infectious diseases continue to rise and pose a threat to global health. In the last 50 years, many unknown disease agents have been identified.
Our global team of experts have built up extensive infectious disease and vaccine experience. This enables us to anticipate the challenges in your drug development plan. We drive milestone success ensuring high quality deliverables within budget.
ICON's vaccine experience over the past five years
200Clinical vaccine trials
2,500Sites in over 40 countries
Experience you can trust
More than 35% of clinical operations employees have experience in infectious disease trials. Over one hundred of our Project Managers and four leaders are dedicated to the infectious disease portfolio of clinical studies.
We conduct in the region of 20–50 vaccine trials per year, enrolling over 300,000 subjects across approximately 2,000 investigator sites.
Our award-winning team has been:
- Awarded “Best CRO in Vaccines” at World Vaccines Conference 2017
- Ranked top CRO in CenterWatch’s Global Investigative Site Survey
- Qualified provider for Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Rated at or above a 9 (on scale of 1-10, 10 highest score) for project delivery, project management proactivity and overall satisfaction for vaccines by our customers
- Selected by FDA to validate Patient Reported Outcome Endpoints for Antibacterial Drug Trials in Feb 2017
Adaptive design trials
We are the only full service CRO with the knowledge, software, systems, and global footprint to make adaptive trials a reality. Our full service includes the design, simulation, and execution of adaptive clinical trials that can be effectively applied in these studies.
Our proprietary software ADDPLAN enables design, simulation, and analysis of adaptive clinical trials with ease and enables faster decision making at critical points during trial execution.
Our extensive services include:
- Project and study management
- Expert consultation and operational delivery Phase I-IV
- Lifecycle management and outcomes research protocol development
- Regulatory consultancy with phase specific quality systems
- Medical Affairs and monitoring
- Data management
- Vaccine Government Experience (DMID / TRI, NIAID / BARDA / NIH)
- Patient recruitment
Investigator site networks
Our investigator database includes over 3,800 experienced sites across the world. We have well established relationships with the major infectious diseases site networks in the US and also work with numerous site networks in Asia Pacific and Europe. These relationships ensure faster response times, higher performing sites, better quality data, along with meeting enrolment expectations.
Site identification is implemented via application of PRAEVISIO, a database which validates site access to patients prior to site selection. This increases our success in enrolling the right patients in the right places.
FIRECREST, our clinical site management and e-learning platform, centralises and streamlines communications across the study. This enables transparency in communication and training to our sites and project teams.
Our technology platform, ICONIK, enables us to analyse the operational and clinical data collected during clinical development. This enables better decision making and the successful implementation of clinical trial strategies that significantly improve efficiency in clinical trials.